Mahagrapes One of the largest exporters of
fresh Grapes, (mainly seedless grapes) from India.
keeping with the international trend of fruit growers becoming
exporters, the vineyard owners of Maharashtra entered the
International market with their own brand, Mahagrapes.
Pic:Mahagrapes HQ "Nisarg"
Mahagrapes was born on
19th Jan 1991 with
the valuable support of :
1) National Co-operative. Development Corporation (NCDC),
2) Government of Maharashtra
a) Department of Co-operation
b) Maharashtra State Agriculture Marketing
3) Agricultural & Processed Food Products Export Development
Authority (APEDA), New Delhi.
4) National Horticulture Board (NHB), New Delhi.
We are a Partnership firm of 15 co-operative societies, the main
aim being to export grapes and other fresh produce to different
parts of the world.
5 Objectives of Mahagrapes:
1. Upliftment of farmers community.
2. Growth of Co-operative Movement.
3. Encourage and develop agricultural export.
4. Maximize Foreign Exchange earnings.
5. Update the farmers on the latest technology in farming
6. Acceptance of global challenge with a committment to quality
1. To source and develop worldwide markets.
2. TO provide Quality control in post harvest activities.
3. Provide extension services to members of co-ops for
production of export quality grapes.
4. Supply and supervise branded packaging.
5. Provide logistical support
6. Provide advance payment to farmers for their produce.
7. Obtain best price for produce.
8. Pass on the benefits to the Co-ops.
1. Coming soon...
Pic:Picture of those at the
helm of Mahagrapes with one
of many excellence awards.
The Board of Directors comprises
of the heads of the 15
Co-operative Societies, of which seven have been
nominated to an Executive Council.
Two prominent and expert farmers from the executive council
in turn have been nominated as executive partners to manage
the day to day affairs.
The Executive Partners are responsible for the decision making
in the organisation.
The Executive Partners are assisted by a team of Professional Managers
which constitutes :-
General Manager (Exports), Manager (Liaison & Logistics),
Manager (Finance), Manager (Quality Control) assisted by
a team of Quality Control Officers.
This team of professionals perform the delicate balancing
act of locating internationally acceptable "Quality Product"
on one hand & identifying the lucrative markets to increase
net returns to its growers on the other hand.